Sunday, February 08, 2009

Phoenix Light Rail Will Follow Dallas Success

As you know, I live in the heart of Downtown Phoenix at the Lofts at Fillmore. It is 1/2 block from our new light rail and it has been such a thrill to see it replace my car. I certainly didn't expect that - thought it would be just a novelty item rather than a way of life for me.

The unfolding of the Phoenix light rail is similar to what happened in Dallas, my hometown. Dallasites fought it all the way, saying it was a boondoogle. Today, the light rail is essential to Dallas, everyone loves it. As the light rail spreads throughout the Phoenix metroplex, as it did in Dallas, the naysayers will fade away and the negative rhetoric will change here. They, too, will expand their horizons by joining us, leaving their cars in their garages.

Labels: , , ,