Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Why I Live Downtown - Reason #2

I recently joined the newly renovated YMCA on 1st Ave and Fillmore. Yesterday, after my treadmill walk, I started talking with an artist about our love for downtown. I told him I had a hard time describing it. His eyes immediately lit up and he said that it was the "creativity" that made Downtown Phoenix so exciting. He told me there is a huge artist underground, the likes of which he has never seen. He has lived in San Francisco and London but neither compare to the energy found here. He said he would not live anywhere else. I suddently realized that, although I am not an artist or a part of this underground, I get to savor the residual of this creative energy that seems to permeate the air. Kind of like second-hand smoke - except that it is very, very healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home